Friday, January 18, 2008

I found this fascinating quote from Erich Fromm, author of Escape From Freedom:

"A person's main task in life is to give birth to oneself."

This quote really resonated with me because this morning I woke up and realized that being myself doesn't mean egotism or arrogance or detachment from others. The only way for me to really connect with others is to be who I am without reservation.

Sometimes that can be scary, because anything done without reservation might go overboard and upset others. It all depends on the place you are coming from!

When I can be myself totally, I connect to my spiritual side, and the common bond we all have with each other. A person's unique and fascinating personality and perspective then has a chance to show itself to the world, and admire and be admired.

What do you think?

No comments: